ElderSource, the state designated Area Agency on Aging and Aging & Disability Resource Center for NE Fla has an Intake Specialist position opening.
ElderSource’s Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), has a centralized intake system, to provide access to long-term care services.
Intake Specialists administer standard intake and screening instruments for the purpose of gathering information about the applicant for Medicaid and government funded services. Specialist also follow-up with clients waiting for services to review any changes in their situations. Screening ensures prioritization for funded programs including the Statewide Medicaid Managed Long-term Care Program (SMMCLTCP).
This full-time (40 hr work week), non-exempt position for ElderSource, the Northeast Florida Area Agency on Aging in Jacksonville Florida as part of the Aging and Disability Resource Center.
The following activities are a function of this position
· Conduct telephone screening for the 7 counties of Northeast Florida (Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, St. Johns, and Volusia) to obtain accurate and appropriate eligibility information from applicants using a standardized, computerized screening tool.
· Determine the individual’s needs and screen for potential eligibility for funded services in an efficient, timely and consumer friendly manner.
· Contact individuals who are on the wait list for funded programs as required to update information and screen for eligibility.
· Triage clients when funding is available for services.
· Work in partnership with other agencies.
· Ensure accuracy of work and the meeting of time deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or Associates of Arts degree and a minimum of one year of experience as a caseworker, case manager, intake specialist, or experience in performing human services related work; or a High School Diploma or GED and two years of experience as a caseworker, case manager, intake specialist, or experience in performing human services related work.
Minimum Required Skills & Abilities
Pre-employment background check and drug screen will be conducted on top candidate. It is mandatory that a candidate be able to pass a Level II criminal background check through the Department of Elder Affairs prior to starting work. Must sign SMMCLTC Program - Prohibited Activities.
EOE - ElderSource values all people – including but not limited to all nationalities, socio-economic backgrounds, abilities, races, genders, religious perspectives, sexual orientation and gender identities – in everything we do. We welcome the unique insights and perspectives of all persons in our quest to fulfill our mission.
Benefit Package Includes: